Last Updated: June 10, 2022
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will endeavor to identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless otherwise necessary for our business purposes or as required by law.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate.
- We will endeavor to protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to help protect and maintain the confidentiality of personal information.
We may collect personal information directly from you or other Members:
- When you review or add a Refill Station, you may be required to provide your email address.
- We may provide you and/or our other Members with water bottle stickers or bands that include an NFC tag. By placing the sticker or band on your water bottle, the Tap Application will be able to track and collect the location of your or another Member’s water bottle, which may include your geolocation data and/or the geolocation data of another individual.
- To the extent a Refill Station is your home or business address, we will collect and share your physical address as the location for the Refill Station on the Tap Application.
We may use your information to:
- Deliver and improve the Services and your overall user experience.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- To link or combine user information with other Personal Information.
- To compare and verify information for accuracy and update our records.
- Email, text, message, or otherwise contact you with information and updates about us and the Services
- To respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service.
- To send you information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Analyze how you use the Services with tools such as Google Analytics and other tools to help us understand traffic patterns and know if there are problems with the Services.
- Create targeted advertising to promote the Services and engage our users.
- In connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or similar transaction.
- When required by law or to respond to legal process.
- To protect our users, other individual lives, and/or the rights or property of Company.
- To maintain the security of the Services.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may share or disclose your information in the following circumstances:
- With our corporate affiliates and subsidiaries.
- With third parties that perform services to support our core business functions and internal operations, which may include database administrators, cloud computing services, payment processors, advertising services, and application services providers.
- With third parties that we have partnered with to jointly create and offer a product, service or joint promotion.
- Publicly for the following purposes:
- To identify the location of Refill Stations within the Tap Application;
- To identify you on leaderboard(s) within the Tap Application which will be publicly viewable.
- To add you as a user in social networking group(s) within the Tap Application.
- If you do not want your information to be publicly shared, please go to your account settings in the Tap Application to opt-out.
- To support our audit, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
- In connection with a change of ownership or control of all or part of our business (such as a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or bankruptcy).
- If we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to detect or protect against fraud or security issues.
- If required or permitted by applicable law or regulation, including laws and regulations of the United States and other countries, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) comply with a legal obligation or in response to a request from law enforcement or other public authorities wherever Company may do business; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Company; (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users, customers, and contractors/employees of Company or others; or (d) enforce our Terms of Service or otherwise protect against any legal liability.
- With your consent or at your direction.